Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Eat Applesauce Without A Spoon

Oh my.... I am so lethargic right now... as soon as I sit down I am ready to pass out... and I am getting even more sleep so I am not sure why I am so tired! I'm hoping that if I get to bed as soon as the girls get to bed maybe I can catch up.
Nothing much has happened this week. Fairly uneventful, which I guess is a good thing. I know I'll get enough excitement when I get back home. As much as I love being here and love the girls, if I had the chance I would hop the next boat home. It's time.
I told Athena that she can do anything that she wants when she grows up and I suggested my own dream to her: travel the world. Never stay in one place for a long time. If I could, I would stay in a place just long enough to get comfortable and then hop out of here. I want to live everywhere. Be a wanderer. And go home ever so often, of course.
The other day I took the girls to the pool and had a run in with a creeper. Back in the end of June we took Athena to Pizza Hut for her birthday and I chatted with our server because I had nothing else to do. So I guess he was at the pool and recognized me. I didnt know his face from anyone else's. Hadnt made much of an impression on me, I guess. Anyway, I bring the girls into the pool and hop in the car to get some reading done. After an hour I check up on the Athena and Audrey (Sam is at camp this week) and this guy swims up to me and says "I know this may sound weird, but did I wait on you at Pizza Hut?" I thought about it and said yeah. He GETS OUT OF THE POOL and sits next to me, talking to me for like 20 minutes. He remembers every detail of our last encounter including Athena's name, where I am from and how old I am. Being polite, I talk to him for a bit while watching the girls and finally the pool gets ready to close. I tell the girls to get out and try to hurry them so we can just go, and I get unlucky enough for him to ask me when I'm free and can he have my number. I had no real reason to not give it to him, so I gave it to him. I just really hope he doesnt call. Creeper. Or if anything, we could just hang out..... and that is it. He's nice.... but creepy. What is UP with these Michigan guys?

No comments: